Atlantic Circulation - i was a mag crew kid that sold these mags

Jan 18, 2008
review #111200

i used to be on a mag crew as they call them....the whole point of the crew was to do exactly what these complaints said and that is to steal the money from polite helpful people that didnt need to be messed over...i realized how bad things really were when these kids in my crew were gettin beaten and left at bus stops with no money...i had to lie to get them to send me home saying that someone had died in my family just to go home...i never wanted to hurt or steal from anyone and as soon as i got the picture that these mag crews are rip offs i got out of there...this is not a good oppurtunity for kids and above all its a horrible condition to subject kids too...if anyone can help do something about it then dont buy magizines...they wont ever come to u and there will be no getting money back to u...

meagan taylor

tampa

fl

7f5dff5
Had an experience with Atlantic Circulation?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Nick

Aug 17, 2012

Beth- you did scam. You came to my house and I gave you money and never received a *** thing. I will find you and you're "crew". End of story. You all will pay.. And it will be alot more than what I gave.

Sister mourning...

Jun 28, 2012

All of you who are going on and on about how great it is to work "on crew" - have you thought at all about what is going to happen to your lives once you're done? My brother spent years on crew, and at the time thought he loved what he did. During those years he was arrested and ticketed for solicitation numerous times, and every time the manager would bail him out and they'd move on to the next city. Guess what? That stuff doesn't go away! Fast forward a few years and my brother was hooked on drugs (which he was given while on crew), had a record a mile long, outstanding warrants in numerous states, couldn't get a drivers license in his own state, and had the IRS after him for tens of thousands of dollars. Guess what? Did your managers tell you that they hire you as "independent contractors" and you are responsible for filing your own taxes as such? Do they tell you that even though you are hired as independent contractors, THEY still claim the expenses you should be able to claim as an independent contractor? My brother hanged himself in his bedroom and died at the ripe old age of 27, his life in shambles because of the time he spent "on crew." The day he went on crew was the first day of the end of his life. Please think ahead to what your life will be like once you are out before it is too late to turn things around.

LAS VEGAS

May 21, 2012

SCAM... I AM ON HERE LOOKING FOR MY MAG I BROUGHT. TIME TO CALL THE DA

Cliff Kelsey, 076 & 074

Nov 01, 2011

I forgot to say in my last post, if you have any questions or concerns about the magazine crew, or if you were on either of the crews I was on please e-mail me:

CliffordK1987@yahoo.com

Cliff Kelsey, Crews 076 & 074

Nov 01, 2011

I was on a mag crew myself, well two, 076 and 074. It seemed legit at first and a fun way to travel the U.S. but I was wrong in the end. My first door was hard but it boosted my self esteem (only thing that the job..dont even want to call it one cause its not legit...but the only thing it helped with. I enjoyed it at first but the momment I found out it was a scam I stopped and refused to "speal" people at the door, instead I told them the truth.

Being back in my hometown Spokane, WA. now, and free from being on a magazine crew I have seen and talked with several mag. crews, with one stopping and trying to get me to join there crew since the guy was in the process of training someone else, instead of telling him yes, I laid down the facts and truth about the magazine crews with the guy he was training that day, later that night I heard on the news that the guy quit due to an ex magazine sales person telling him the facts,..I didnt want to see another person get ditched in an unknown territory like I almost did when we were down in Portland, OR.

So all I got to say is this is one scam that I will not go near again in my life, plus I got a fiance and a daughter to think about instead of ruining other peoples lives through a scam.

dejay

Jul 11, 2011

look i was a 009 i worked for jp and shay rice and it is a scam u work endless days to make ten dollars a day sumtimes u do make money yes i had a ten sell day my first day out alone but it was luck and sometimes u cant eat, pluss some not all but some managers use there female workers as sex slaves and if they dnt let it happen they get raped b4 i left cus i missed my ex one manager said wat u wana get laid pick a girl ill make her *** u i didnt do it but they rly ment it and on my first week there i saw a kid get beat for not selling enough and then beat agian for tryna get elp cus he snitched im lucky i didnt go alone i brought my friend travis radford wth me he was nota good sails man and didnt get beat becouse they give u twoweeks to figure out wats goin on first but after that theyr ruthless ive never been told the magazines didnt come and i gave out my real name i think thats true but its a pyramid scheme were girls become slaves for sex the guys get beat and they use drug addiction ageanst u if u sell ten or more they give u drugs and drinks and send girls on u if u dnt sell enough u cant drink or do drugs or touch a girl or ull get beat ,pluss my friend travis left b4 me becouse i was a hih seller he wasnt so they pretty much forced me to stay and they asked if iwanted to go home cus i missed my girl i said yes and he said pick a girl ill make her *** u i said no then saved jus enough to get home witch i had to do from the middle of nowere wth my life in bags by my... Show more

nh

Jun 18, 2011

Anyone know anything about this happening in the LA area?

Ricky 052

Jun 06, 2011

Look man aci is not a *** scam...all u ex agents r just wabs nd u don't kno how to grasp an opportunity when its thrown in ur face..I'm a tc high day of just 15 high week of just 63 but I still get paid fat nd I've NEVER been beaten or stranded anywhere u guys just r some complainin lil bytches nd don't have a personality good enough to get someone to buy a magazine...just like ally nd beth said its not the company who scams people its the agents who don't turn in the orders..get a life nd quit expressing ur problems to the internet like its doctor phil..nobody wants to hear ur wabbish ways man just stop I don't think people want it rubbing off on them...ACI 052 REPRESENT!!!!!!!

Brooke L

Mar 08, 2011

yo well i kno someone who went o that ACI he came back 6 days later n told us so much about drugs everynite that they brainwash you it didnt seem right to bein with whn they picked him up but it didnt click on how odd it was until he left he said people just started vanishing n he was hearing of thembeating a woman and raping her and leaving her in a ditch to die he said he had to esacpe an once he got back down here 2 men came looking for him at a friends house n hunted him down the men had a gun and tazers so all the *** about it bein all good and *** watever its BS!!!!!!!!! if something happens to my friend i will track these people down

006 qb

Feb 10, 2011

And btw trygrve normann I have known Jp since before he haD a crew and he waS still knocking doors and he has never had a 27 sale agent work for him just goes to show how much bs is written all over this *** page!!!!

beth 006 qb

Feb 10, 2011

Hey my name is Beth I work for Matt 006 aci and I have been here for two and a half years! Never once have I seen someone beat up cuz they wanted to leave or even stranded for that matter. I know its not a scam for a fact because my mother gets about twenty subscriptions and I have knocked on doors two years in a row where they renued what they bought from me the previous year. All you *** talking ex agents need to get a life and stop talking *** just cuz you didn't make it!!!! And for the people that didn't get your mags its because of individual people not our company!!! I'm number one top selling agent in my company and I cab guarantee every person who has bought from me has got their mags simply because I'm an honest person and I turn in every order I get. If I were to pocket the thousands of dollars in cash I bring in I would be the scam not my company. So get your facts right and use common sense people nobody gets beat up there are no drugs and we are good people!!! At least we are knocking on your front doors doin something positive with our lives and not Smokin meth breaking down your backdoors!!!!!!! I love my job and my company and the people I work with, I plan on retiring from this job!!!!!!!! Don't think I would if all that bs was true get a life ex wab agents!

trygve normann

Jan 27, 2011

yo i workd for 009 my hi day was 27 sales hi week was 119 sales when i decided to leave crew i was jumped by 4 other agents i worked for jp aka john pierce and i had no ticket home so lukily i had enuf saved

Roberts

Jan 21, 2011

So check it out... My name is Alison... I am a manager with ACI... And I have been here for 4 years now... I just want to say that its not the company... BUT IT IS the agent... i dont know to many people that this job didnt work out for!!!! I to have seen my fair share of scam agents... AND WE DO take of the problem when addressed with it... ACI IS NOT A SCAM COMPANY!!!!
So if anyone out there that is serious about s job can call me 717-825-5220... I ABSOULUTLY DO NOT SCAM!!!!
You can GOOGLE me and NOTHING WILL COME UP!!!
Thanks....

Curtis

Jan 16, 2011

THEY ARE A SCAM. I ordered 6 month ago told me the mag would be there in Jan. Never showed called again and now they tell me may. Call the mag. company direct and they told me the order was never placed. So as far as i can tell they ride on your money hopping you will ferget about the order or loose your recipt. They get there Free money. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS NOT A SCAM ABOUT THIS. 9 MONTHS rideing on some ones money. They are taking advantage of peoples human nature not to fallow up or to misplace recipt or to forget about it. Hince the scam. It\'s not a mistake they target young kids just like vacum cleaner sales companies. They have you sell to your friends and familey then tell you to get lost. Take advantage of the young and desperate. Next some car sales man will be telling you he is not a *** man. Just becouse it is legal does not mean it is not a scam. I have worked for car dealers have had friends and familey work for vacuum cleaner companies there is always a scam. The first couple you sell they will not pay you in full claiming your first couple of sales you have to pay for the training knowing you will only sell one or two. One to your 80 year old grandma. Hince the perfect scam. Grandma would never buy a $2000 vacum from a stranger but she would buy one from here grandson that she loves and is trying to help out. READ THE FINE PRINT MEANS SCAM. YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO HAVE FINE PRINT UNLESS YOU ARE SCAMMING SOME ONE! Atlantic Circulation is doing the same... Show more

dont want you to know

Nov 25, 2010

I worked for two different "Mag crew" and to tell you the truth one was as legit can be and the other was a totall scam. I had a ton of fun working for "mag crew" and i can tell you this. It all depends on who runs the mag crew. the one crew i was on was so dirty. managers and all. never sent out the reciepts with the orders and shredded them and just pocketed the money. Drugs ran in and out of the hotels. on this mag crew we were making 20 dollars a day. didnt matter how much we sold. that mag crew was only good for oh drinking partying and sleeping with everyone. the other mag crew i worked was so legit it was nice. no drugs no alcohol. had to be fully honest with the jones. anything faulty got you a bus ticket home. it really depends on who you work with. because i can say i have seen alot done alot but it all depends on the managers who run their buisness.

written by ex agent

Sep 13, 2010

i was a kid on 006 and i find out the was making us work from daylight until night came we was working 8:00am untile 12:00am if was not fun and we where only getting 10dollar a day and it suck i was not making any money out there do not go to mag crew it *** sucks :( :cry :? josh_17_2009@yahoo.com

Shenanigans!

Aug 17, 2010 Sewaren, New Jersey

I'm throwing the BS flag on the post below here. You know you'll be "traced"? I can just picture it - Look! It says here on pissedconsumer that someone in Fuckall, Texas wants to quit! Quick - check the GPS Tracers we put in all our agents to see who is in Fuckall, Texas. Wait - we're ALL in Fuckall Texas. ***!

...

***.

im currently scamming people

Aug 15, 2010

someone help me please, i dont know how to get out of this. i feel so bad for scamming people door to door on the daily basis. this makes me feel so horrible. if i try to leave they will beat my ***. its a trap. i get paid *** cash. i cant afford a bus ticket home. i cant say my current location because i know i will be traced. someone please help

Bekah 019

May 18, 2010

I worked for ACI on and off for the last year. You know how I know it's not a scam? Cuz my living room is full of Bass Masters and Family Fun. If you got scammed it's because of some weakass agent that can't sell enough magazines to survive so they pocket the cash instead. 8)

Heaven Garner

Apr 29, 2010

I was on 099. I started off in Columbus Ohio and made it all the way to Farmer's Branch Texas. I tried to quit, more than once. The last time, i tried to leave with my friend Nick. They told me if i folded with him, they'd beat him up and they wouldn't give either of us a bus ticket home. I ended up getting stranded down in Texas. I knew absolutely no one, except this guy i met out on territory. I tried to take my manager to court but it doesn't work. =/

Showing 1-20 of 34 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Atlantic Circulation.
Filing a new complaint about
×